- Vaccinations: these are logged on the NHS App on your phone (not the Test & Trace app by Serco). Have your domestic QR code ready for scanning at the registration desk. If you do not have the app, you can also request printed evidence of vaccination via NHS online, or by phoning 119. You can find more information and useful links on vaccinations on our website.
- Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs): If you have not been vaccinated (or your last vaccine was given less than 2 weeks before the event), we will require evidence of a negative LFT test, taken not more than 2 days before the event. You can order free tests from the government website. The result must be logged via the NHS App. We will also require a photo of the test strip including the result window and test code number.
- Positive Tests or Symptoms: If you have been in close contact with someone with covid-19 or have tested positive by LFT or PCR tests in the week preceding, please do not come to the event. Many of our members are clinically extremely vulnerable and we need to keep everyone as safe as possible. For more information on signs and symptoms of covid-19, please visit our webpage.
This conference is a mask-friendly environment although the wearing of masks is not mandatory.
Hand sanitizer will be available and is recommended for regular use.
3 Kingdom St, Sheldon Square, Paddington, London W2 6BD
10:00 until 17:30
This programme is draft and subject to change without notice
09:30-10:00 Arrival and refreshments
10:00-10:30 Welcome and Overview of AMEND’s (incl. PPSUK/AASUK) activities (CEO, Jo Grey)
10:30-12:30 Disease-specific Patient Experience & Q&A sessions
- MEN1: with medical expert Professor Karim Meeran, Imperial
- MEN2: with medical expert Professor Will Drake, St Bart’s
- MEN3: with medical expert Dr Anand Velusamy, Guy’s & St Thomas’s
- PPGL syndromes: with medical expert Dr Scott Akker, St Bart’s
- MTC: with medical expert Professor Tricia Tan, Imperial
- ACC: with medical expert Dr Cristina Ronchi, Birmingham
12:30-14:00 Lunch break & Information Displays
14:00-15:30 AMEND 2019-2020 Research Awards updates (MEN1, PPGL, ACC)
- ACC – Dr Cristina Ronchi (University Hospital Birmingham)
- MEN1 – Dr Miles Levy & Dr Shailesh Gohil (University Hospital Leicester)
- PPGL – Professor Rebecca Oakey (King’s College London)
15:30-16:00 Refreshment break & Information Displays
16:00-16:30 Physical Activity in Endocrine Diseases (with GP, Dr Emma Williams)
16:30-17:30 All-ability Beginners’ Seated and Unseated Yoga (with member, Lizzie Dunn)
17:30-18:30 Celebration in the Bar (own cost)
Click on the link below to book your tickets.
WHERE TO STAY
Event Venue Hotel
3 Kingdom St, Sheldon Square, London W2 6BD
£199 per room inc. breakfast – WHEN BOOKING MENTION ‘AMEND’ TO GET THIS RATE
(Rates may change. Book direct or using a booking website)
146 Praed Street, LONDON, W2 1EE
144 Praed St, Paddington, London W2 1HU
11 Craven Rd, Tyburnia, London W2 3BP
Paddington Apartments (via booking.com)
9 Talbot Square, London W2 1TR
Premier Inn Euston (2 miles away)
1 Dukes Road, London,WC1H 9PJ
Travelodge Marylebone (0.7 miles away)
Harewood Row, Marylebone, London NW1 6SE
Approx. £80 – 110
148-152 Sussex Gardens, Paddington, London W2 1UD