The European MEN Alliance (EMENA) is an umbrella organisation formed in 2013 at a meeting in Munich, Germany. The Alliance consists of equal representation from European patient groups who provide information and support services to patients with multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN types 1, 2, 3 and 4) and from the expert multidisciplinary medical professionals who care for them.
- To improve the diagnosis, care and lives of patients affected by MEN
EMENA’s Aims & Objectives
- to encourage and assist the foundation and development of new patient groups
- to establish a minimum set of standard guidelines regarding patient care
- to provide, through member organisations, information medically approved by advisors and moral support to those affected by MEN, and their relatives
- to work closely with medical professionals to promote awareness and understanding of MEN
- to encourage global scientific collaboration to enable work-up of long-term morbidity and mortality
Survey of Patient Perceptions of Quality of Care for MEN in Europe
This survey was executed throughout 2018 among all European countries. To date, two research posters were exhibited at the British Endocrine Society meeting in November 2018. You can read the survey results in these posters below:
Survey of Quality of Life in Patients with MEN in Europe
This survey is currently being developed ready to roll out in 2019. Watch this space!