Now That’s What I Call Coronavirus
If you use Spotify, one of our MTC members has compiled a play-list that will have you chuckling (not crying) at titles and song lyrics. Classics include ‘I will survive’ by Gloria Gaynor, ‘Don’t Stand so Close’ by The Police, and ‘School’s Out’ by Alice Cooper!
Spotify has free and paid versions and will be a useful app for your smartphones!
Thanks to Steven for compiling these tracks!
Here is some other musical inspiration – explore online services and social media and you’re sure to find more!
Little bit of Beethoven (Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra)
'Our own' Hope (singing 'Wild' from EP 'Road to the Moon')
Virtual Museum Tours and Travel
Visit museums in London, Paris, LA, New York and Rome, as well as many more!
Virtual Theatre & Musicals
A good list of what’s on(line) can be found at the What’s On Stage website, and includes:
- London’s Globe Theatre’s Shakespeare TV
- Popular plays from National Theatre at Home
- The shows must go on – Andrew Lloyd Weber shows streamed live on this you tube channel. New shows released every Friday at 7pm and usually available for either 24 or 48 hours.
- Cirque du Soleil are showing 60 minute specials of some of their shows and it is like you are sitting in the front row
There’s something for everyone online!
TV Box Sets
There are a number of box sets which we should all feel free to binge-watch during this time. Here are a few of our favourites:
- BBC iplayer – Killing Eve, Gavin and Stacey, The Split, Gold digger and Malory towers (the series from the Enid Blyton Books – a guilty pleasure for Helen in the office!).
- Tom Hardy will be reading a bedtime story nightly from 27th April – 1st May on Cbeebies (obviously this is one for the children – yes really mum!!)
- ITV Hub – Liar. Doc Martin
- All 4 – Friday night dinner, First dates
Virtual Fitness & Dance
- Joe wicks is offering a free online fitness class for seniors on his you tube channel – the body coach tv
- NHS Fitness Studio
- Yoga: If you are interested in trying yoga or have been doing it for some time then we highly recommend yoga with Adrienne on YouTube, or core power yoga who have live classes daily at 8am, 1pm and 6pm.
- Couch to 5k App – if you are new to running there are a number of apps like Couch-to-5k and downloads that could see you running 5k in approximately 9 weeks (let’s hope that lock-down will be over before then!)
- Dancing – 305 fitness is offering a variety of free online dance classes.
- Oti Mabuse is also offering free classes for adults on her social media accounts.
- Karen Hauer the strictly professional dancer is also offering classes on her Instagram page.
Good list of cooking lessons going on at The Daily Meal.
- Jamie Oliver has filmed a series for Channel 4 (in just a week) sharing easy and affordable recipes made from cupboard essentials. Every day at 5:30pm.
- Borough Market in London is running some live Cook-a-Longs on Facebook and Instagram. Click here for more information
- Wok from home with Wagamama on Waga Wednesdays (Instagram)
- Preserve almost anything – advice on pickling food to make it last
Online Lectures & Learning
For the Kids
There are so many ways to keep the children occupied with virtual entertainment.
- Joe Wicks has appointed himself the PE teacher of the nation and is running daily virtual workouts at 9am Monday to Friday on his YouTube channel, the body coach tv.
- David Walliams is releasing a new audio story every day at 11am.
- Bear Grylls’ The Great Indoors Activities. Bear has teamed up with the Scouts to create 100 indoor activities to ward off boredom while kids are stuck indoors for most of the day.
- Mylene Class has been providing virtual music lessons for kids in lock-down. Monday mornings at 10am is an interactive class where kids can play along with a pan and wooden spoon, Wednesdays at 6.30pm she will play a Disney-themed lullaby for babies, and Friday at 10am is Music Klass. Join via Instagram or YouTube.
- Carol Vorderman has free maths tuition for primary school age children
- Oti Mabuse – Oti’s kids’ dance classes are being streamed to her Facebook, Instagram and you tube accounts at 11:30am every day. The classes are saved onto Oti’s YouTube page after the livestream has finished, so they can still be enjoyed even if you aren’t available at the exact start time.
- Family Lockdown Tips and Ideas – This is a great Facebook group (now with over a million members) with 1000’s of ideas to keep kids occupied. Just ask to join the group here
- This government website gives a huge number of resources to help with home schooling.
- Teach your little monster to read using this app or on a laptop/PC
- MonkeyWellbeing: Lots of colouring and activity sheets as well as useful resources for kids for Coronavirus (please check out their Facebook Page too for more)
There are lots of other celebrities and businesses, offering free virtual entertainment, so get Googling and enjoy!